This week’s tackle review is the new Pressure Mat Lighting System from Bivelite.
The Bivvy Lighting and Pressure Mat System is an pressure activated lighting system, ideal for any night fishing situation.
I’ve been looking for a product like this for a long time, but does this lighting system by Bivelite really live up to our expectations?
Thanks for reading and let’s get started…
My first thoughts of the Bivelite lighting system was how great the quality all the components are, that are included in the system.
The light system has been purposely designed for anglers who prefer not wear a headtorch while sleeping whilst night fishing, as this can be uncomfortable to some.
The bivvy light system includes the following:
- Two bivvy lights, one is a reading light and one is runs light which turns on when pressure is applied to the included pressure mat
- Includes a control box so you can easily switch from the reading light to the activated runs light
- Comes with a camo velcro bag to keep all the items safe, such as the included wires, lights and control box
The lighting system is fairly simple to set up and pack away after a few attempts. Magnets are included in the system which are handy for attaching the lights to anywhere you wish on your bivvy, but if you are prone to losing small things, a coin (not copper) will work just as well for attaching the lights to the bivvy.
The whole lighting system is run on a single 9 volt battery which is impressive achievement and should last you a decent amount of time.
Being a wired system this may put off some anglers but the wires included are of high quality and are long enough to be used on larger bivvies.
The lighting system includes a bivvy mat but the pressure mat system will work in conjunction with any other bivvy mat. Simply slip the pressure mat inside your chosen bivvy mat or put it underneath it and you’re good to go!
How can it be better?
Below is a list of my thoughts on how this product can be improved in the future.
- A wireless system kit that includes two lights, a run type light and a reading light
- Optional modular light system including a waterproof light or led strip, which could be purchased separately
- A non camo option for the lights and mat
- Although I had no issues myself, it would of been a nice touch for the bivvy matt to have been gripped on both sides
After talking to Bivvylite, I believe they are working on a wireless system and could possibly include multiple different types of lights like I mentioned above, so look out for this on their website or Facebook page.
What’s the verdict?
This lighting system by Bivelite is of high quality and would be great for those who dislike wearing a headlight while sleeping during night fishing and want to go from their bedchair to rods without faffing around in the dark trying to turn on a light.
The system is lightweight and doesn’t take up a great deal of space and is highly recommended.
How much and where can you find it?
Thanks for reading our review of the Bivelite Bivvy Lighting and Pressure Mat System.
If you have any comments or questions on this product, please let us know in the comments below and we’ll do our best to get back to you with a useful answer.
If you want to read more like this post, please check out our other tackle reviews, tackle tips and carp fishing guides.
You can also find us on our Facebook page for all the latest tackle news and reviews.